If you have a genuine interest in the field, paired with knowledge of electronics, communication systems and mechanics, then becoming a telecommunications engineer can be an excellent career choice for you. If you want to know more about this career, then read on; we’ll fill you in on the details about the same.
Education Needed to Become a Telecommunications Engineer
To become a telecommunications engineer, you will need familiarity with the founding principles of the telecommunications design field, and knowledge of the major software used to build and maintain these communications systems. Because of the requirement of this knowledge base, employers generally look for graduates with a bachelor’s degree in related field of engineering or physical science, including:
- Computer science
- Electronic and communication engineering
- Database engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Information technology
What does Telecommunications Engineer do?
The job requirement & description of a Telecommunications Engineer is as follows:
- Carry out site surveys;
- Find creative solutions to problems identified in network designs;
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues and customers;
- Travel to meet suppliers, customers and colleagues;
- Analyze and interpret data; and
- Test designs.
The most successful Telecom Engineers have these skillets:
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
Opportunities for Telecommunications Engineer
In today’s times opportunities are in abundance for a telecommunication professional and this trend is only expected to rise positively with the ever growing demands of the consumers. A telecommunications engineer can work for the following companies:
- Telecom equipment manufacturers like Samsung, Nokia, etc
- Telecom network providers like Airtel, Vodafone, etc
- Banks and Financial institutions
- Research laboratories across the globe
- System integrators such as Accenture, IBM, Wipro, etc. Companies generally give preference to individuals with hands-on experience and practical knowledge of telecom operations. If not a job, an internship or industrial training can also be a good start to a career in telecommunications.
If you want to learn more about this domain, then join Telecom Training in Noida at CETPA.
CETPA is an ISO 9001: 2015 certified training company which provides live project based training with assured placement assistance.
CETPA InfoTech PVT LTD established in the year 2002, is North India’s one of the best Software and Embedded development company. CETPA, an acronym for Computer Education and Technology Promotion Association and has established its subsidiary CETPA Technologies which now stands at a stage from where it is delivering Software Development Solutions, Mobile Application, Digital Marketing Solutions