WHAT IS UNIX?
The UNIX OS was introduced in the late 1960s. AT&T Bell Labs released an operating system called UNIX written in C, which allows quicker modification, acceptance, and portability. It went on to become the most widely used operating system. UNIX is a proprietary operating system.
The Unix OS works on CLI (Command Line Interface), but recently, there have been developments for GUI on UNIX systems. UNIX is an OS that is common in organizations, universities big enterprises, etc.
WHAT IS LINUX?
Linux is an operating system introduced by Linus Torvalds at the University of Helsinki in 1991. The name “Linux” comes from the Linux kernel. It is the software on a computer that enables applications and the users to access the devices on the computer to perform some specific function. To learn in-depth about this field, you can join Linux training in Noida
The Linux OS sends instructions from an application from the computer’s processor and gives the results back to the application via the Linux OS. It can be installed on a different type of computers mobile phone, tablet video game consoles, etc.
FEATURES OF UNIX OS
- Multi-user, multitasking operating system
- It can be used as the master control program in workstations and servers.
- Hundreds of commercial applications are available
- In its heydays, UNIX was rapidly adopted and became the standard OS in universities.
FEATURES OF LINUX
- Support multitasking
- Programs include one or more processes, and each method have one or more threads
- It can easily co-exist along with other Operating systems.
- It can run multiple user programs
- Individual accounts are protected because of appropriate authorization
- Linux is a replica of UNIX but does not use its code.
COMMON THINGS BETWEEN LINUX & UNIX
Both share many common applications such as:
- GUI, file, and windows managers (KDE, Gnome)
- Shells (KSH, csh, bash)
- Various office applications such as OpenOffice.org
- Development tools (PHP, Perl, GNU c/c++ compilers, python)
- Posix interface
LINUX AND UNIX TRAINING FROM CETPA
If you are an Engineer or working professional and want to learn about LINUX or want to polish your LINUX skills or searching for a job in this field, then join Linux Training in Delhi at CETPA. The company will provide you training as well as placement service. CETPA is the official training partner of big brands like Microsoft, Oracle, Panasonic, Autodesk and many more, so you will be getting the international certificate after completion of your training. CETPA offers training programs in all the latest technologies. Moreover, you will be getting the opportunity to work on live projects and assured placement assistance.